Happy Diwali

Greetings friends, visitors, fellow DIY woodworkers and hobbyists!
Diwali is a special time of the year - a time to get together with friends and near ones, celebrate our good fortune and light up the world with good wishes and offerings of thanks.

With Diwali Presents
This is also the time to give presents to people we come in contact with throughout the year - and also to get presents!

This year we got boxes of cakes, cermaic mugs and steel bowls for our maids, the gardener, the street cleaners, the garbage collectors and postmen. My wife got a few DVDs and I got a load of tools.

The most expensive buy was a Bosch cut off saw for cutting metal - I had this on my list for many months because I plan to cover my first floor terrace with metal roofing on a steel framework. The list price of the saw is more than 13,000 rupees but I got a deal for Rs 7,500.

The other goodies include a Mitutoyo Vernier Caliper, a Stanley smooth cut general purpose saw, a couple of Stanley metal working files, a holesaw and some paint brushes.

As you can see I am mighty pleased with the Diwali goodies.

Write in with details of what you bought this Diwali - and happy tidings to all of you.
Don't fortget to light candles and oil lamps, and keep your door open all evening to let in good fortune.

May the Goddess Lakshmi shower blessings on you!

Indranil Banerjie
22 October 2014


Comments

  1. आपको भी दीपावली की शुभकामनायें और बहुत बहुत बधाई आपके नए टूल्स के लिए. This Diwali I am going to take a Circular Saw but still I couldnt decide 7" or 10" ?. I have tried both at makita dealer. I have 4" but I need at least 7" for my running projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Kishore. May you get that 10 inch saw soon!

      Delete
    2. I have just bring home a Skil 7" circular saw.

      Delete
  2. Aap Sabhi ko aur apke parivar ko Subh Deepavali aur Nutan Varsh Abhinandan. Save Earth, Say No to Crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Diwali to you and family. Nice set of goodies. Women indulge in Gold and Jewellery and men indulge in cut off saws, clamps, screws and nuts. I gave a pass/pause to my Diwali spendings. Saving for the Excaliber. And Kishore, Wish you too a very happy Diwali. All the best with you Skill Saw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add your comment here...